Friday, February 8, 2013

US Open





This card was lying around the house for the longest time.  Bouncing from room to room - one day I would find it on the dining table,  next week it would be on the coffee table,  next month on his desk or on my desk after that. After it had sat on my desk long enough, I decided to throw it away.  I opened it just to take a last look before feeding it into the shredder. For some reason I had always thought it was a Mother's Day card made in the French class couple of years ago. Not true!  Turns out it was a poem written during free-time in the homeroom after going to see the US open at Flushing Meadows.






                                                                    It Was Cool

The ball bounced from one side to another
Oohs and aahs from the crowd
They were running as fast as lightening
There were cameras everywhere 
The umpire shouted the score 
I felt cold in the cool air
There were happy people and sad people in the crowd
Neon balls were bouncing everywhere
There was all kinds of food and drinks 
There were squeaks from the shoes
It was fun


Tons of papers come home from school. Some are easy to throw away... others not so.


No comments:

Post a Comment